Municipal Court Clerk - Julie Cernosek
Address - 535 North Main or P.O. Box 8 Schulenburg, Tx 78956
Phone Number - (979) 743-4126
Fax Number - (979) 743-4760
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Fines and Fees - Effective November 1, 2014
Fines listed below do not apply to second or subsequent violations and are subject to change according to legislative rulings.
1-10 mph over speed limit.................$75.00 + $99.10 (124.10 in school zone) court costs
11-15 mph over speed limit................$85.00 + $99.10 (124.10 in school zone) court costs
16-20 mph over speed limit...............$110.00 + $99.10 (124.10 in school zone) court costs
21-25 mph over speed limit...............$150.00 + $99.10 (124.10 in school zone) court costs
Over 25 mph over speed limit.............................CONTACT THE COURT
Curfew & Animal Complaint Violations.............CONTACT THE COURT
|Child - No Safety Belt||$199.25|
|Cell Phone in School Zone||$210.10|
|Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (No Insurance)||$299.10|
|Driver Safety Course||$109.10|
|Driver Safety Course - School Zone||$134.10|
|Ran Red Light||$199.10|
|Public Intoxication or Disorderly Conduct||$366.00|
|MIP/DUI/Tobacco (Call court for instruction)||$366.00|
|Ran Stop Sign||$199.10|
MINORS MUST APPEAR IN COURT WITH A PARENT. PLEASE CALL COURT AT NUMBER LISTED ABOVE.
IF YOU WANT TO PAY YOUR TICKET
- Check Option #1 on the blue plea form pleading Guilty/No Contest
- Sign and date the plea form
- Mail form to the court, along with the fine or
- Call the court to make a payment by credit or debit card or
- Make a payment on the City's website by going to the homepage and selecting the municipal court icon
IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A DRIVER'S SAFETY COURSE
A driver's safety course may be requested for one violation only
- You must have an eligible Texas Driver's License - the holder of a Commercial Driver's License is NOT eligible for DSC, whether driving a personal vehicle or not
- Certify in your plea that you have not taken the course in the proceeding 12 months for the purpose of ticket dismissal.
- Check Option #2 on the blue plea form.
- Mail a check or money order to the city for $109.10 or $134.10 if violation is in the school zone.
- You will have 90 days to complete the course and return the Certificate of Completion and a Copy of your Texas Driving Record - Certified Copy 3A. This can be obtained by calling (512) 424-2600 or online at www.txdps.state.tx.us.
- FAILURE TO SEND BOTH OF THESE DOCUMENTS BY THE 90TH DAY AFTER YOUR PLEA COULD RESULT IN A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST AND YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE RENEWAL MAY BE DENIED.
IF YOU WANT TO REQUEST DEFERRED DISPOSITION
- Check Option #3 on the blue plea form.
- Send a check or money order to the City in the amount of the fine and court costs plus an expense fee of $50.
- The deferral period will be for 90 days in which no citations can be received in the City of Schulenburg.
- FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE DEFFERAL PERIOD WILL RESULT IN THE CITATION BECOMING A CONVICTION ON YOUR DRIVING RECORD.
IF YOU WANT TO RQUEST A PRE-TRIAL HEARING
- Call the municipal court at (979) 743-4126
IF YOU DO NOTHING BY YOUR APPEARANCE DATE
- You will be charged with the offense of Violate Promise to Appear for which additional fines and costs will be attached. An arrest warrant in your name may be issued and/or your driver's license renewal may be denied.