Schulenburg I.S.D. offers a variety of programs for the students and community. The district offers a full academic program EC-12. Each campus emphasizes achievement at the highest level. The campuses have received recognized status on the Academic Excellence Indicator System. The academic programs in Schulenburg are outstanding. Even though we have a high achieving program, we are constantly striving to find ways to improve what we have.
The people of Schulenburg are proud of their schools and are willing to provide the support it takes to have a good school system. Schulenburg I.S.D. is made up of one elementary school, one junior high and one high school. The average enrollment is 700 students for the district and employs 102 staff members.
Schulenburg I.S.D. is a class AA school. Our school colors are orange and black and the mascot is the Shorthorn. The district participates academically in a full slate of academic competition elementary through high school. The extra curricular activities include: football, volleyball, cross country, basketball, track, tennis, golf, power lifting, baseball and softball.
The District offers a gifted and talented program, early childhood learning, vocational programs, fine arts and special education services. A head-start program is also housed on the elementary campus.
The community is very involved and gives a great amount of support to our school. We have the benefit of a catholic school that provides a great education for students in grades PK-8. We are proud of the St. Rose School. We work together and feel this combination provides an excellent education for the students of Schulenburg.
St. Rose of Lima School
Mission Statement: The aim of St. Rose of Lima School is to instill in our students a knowledge and love of God through instruction, prayer, and worship while academically striving to give each child every opportunity to develop his/her God-given talents.
- Philosophy: St. Rose of Lima School assists children in developing religious beliefs and values that affect moral and ethical behavior. It provides an educational program that enables the students to grow in their understanding of themselves, their relationship with God, and their relationship with others.
- Accreditation: St. Rose of Lima Schools is accredited by the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED), which is approved for accrediting schools by the Texas Education Agency (1989).
- Faculty And Staff: The faculty and staff are caring people dedicated to preparing young people for Christian living and a successful life.
- Area Served: St. Rose of Lima School serves Schulenburg and the surrounding towns. Bus services are available to most areas.
- Religious Education: In view of the philosophy of our Catholic school, religion and all it applies in the life of a child is of the utmost importance and requires total cooperation on the part of the home. There are daily classes in religion. Students prepare and participate in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass once a week.
- Instructional Program: St. Rose of Lima School promotes the education of its students to their full potential. Religion, Reading, English, Math, Social Studies, Science, Computer Literacy, Fine Arts, Spanish, and Physical Education are taught. Patriotism, respect for others, good sportsmanship, and leadership training are also essential qualities to be developed.
- Sports: Football (Gr. 6-8 only), basketball, soccer, track, and softball are offered to boys in grades 5-8. Volleyball, basketball, soccer, track, and softball are offered to girls in grades 5-8. Pep squad and cheerleading are also available.
- Uniforms: St. Rose of Lima School has a standard uniform dress code for all students in Kindergarten through Grade 8. The uniform includes navy blue dress pants for the boys, and a jumper and plaid or navy skirts for the girls, and knit shorts and navy blue shorts for both.
Pre-Kindergarten:4 years old by September 1st
Kindergarten:5 years old by September 1st
First Grade:6 years old by September 1st
New students must present birth and baptismal certificates, immunization data, and report cards from previous schools attended.St. Rose of Lima School admits students of any race, religion, national or ethnic origin, and physical disabilities to the extent that the school can serve the student, to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available at St. Rose School. The school does not discriminate in the administration of its educational and admission policies or other programs.
- Cafeteria: The St. Rose cafeteria serves a hot lunch daily. The school participates in government lunch programs.
- Administration: St. Rose of Lima School is directed by the Pastor of the Parish and the Principal. The School Advisory Council is comprised of elected members who serve as a policy-making body of the school.
- Home & School Association: A very active Home & School Association provides communication and support among parents, teachers, and students. Active membership is required of all parents.
- Booster Club: The St. Rose Booster Club assists the principal and coaches by providing support in all phases of the athletic program.
From the Pastor..
Today, our young people are being challenged from all sides. It is most important that they have a firm foundation on which to stand. Our staff here at St. Rose is prepared to help parents with their responsibility. Christian values are taught and experienced so as to build strong Christian men and women for the future.
Blinn College, Schulenburg
With more than 11,000 students on campuses in Brenham, Bryan and Schulenburg, Blinn ranks as the state's 10th largest community college district.
The Schulenburg Campus opened its doors in 1997 and serves the students in the Fayette County area of Texas. A campus that may be applied toward several degree options and/or will prepare students for transfer to a four-year university. The Blinn student transfer rate to senior colleges is nearly three times the statewide average transfer rate of other two-year colleges.